Steamboat Springs is an amazing holiday destination in the winter.
With it’s epic skiing and small town charm there’s no better place to spend the holidays. Check out a few of our top tips and fun activities to do in order to make your Steamboat Christmas Dream come true.
- If you are driving to Steamboat, make sure to check with the Colorado Department of Transportation for the most up to date weather and road conditions so you make it to Steamboat safe and sound.
- Keep in mind that Steamboat has an elevation of around 7000 feet (2,133m) above sea level. Make sure you drink lots of water and avoid excessive alcohol to reduce the chance of altitude sickness, so your body is in tip top shape and ready to hit the slopes. If you are planning on cooking a Christmas meal for your family, please be aware that cooking at altitude is a little different to what you are used to back home. Click on this link for more info about cooking at high elevation. http://www.mountainmamacooks.com/high-altitude/
- FREE BUS!!!! Steamboat Springs has an amazing free bus service that runs 7 days a week, so make sure to take advantage of that service to and from the mountain and when you are out and about downtown.
- If it smells funny don’t worry, its just the hot springs. Make sure you check out Old Town Hot Springs which is located right in town on Lincoln Ave. Its a great spot to hang out after a great day skiing or snowboarding. Let the kids play on the water slides while the adults treat themselves to a nice relaxing massage. If you want the more natural feel, check out the Strawberry Park Hot Springs located just outside of Steamboat. Nestled in the wilderness this is one of Steamboat’s must see gems.
- Don’t forget Mt Werner!!!! With over 3668 vertical feet and 165 named trails its important to plan your days wisely to maximize your time on the mountain. Know before you go! Grab a trail map so you can plan your best snow day ever!
From everyone here at Steamboat Christmas Dream & Event Decor, we wish you happy holidays!